Okay so what are Extensions? If you looked up the word in a dictionary you would find that it means small software programs that can modify and enhance the functionality of your web browser. And likely so. Extensions are small programs designed by independent programmers, which when installed and integrates with your web browsers gives your browser super powers! Yes you’ve heard that right.
All of the extensions are available in Chrome Web Store. When you install the extensions, the plugins automatically integrate with your web browser, without you breaking a sweat! 🙂
There are some extensions which I am going to talk about in this blog, which will totally change the way we used to think about our regular web browsers.
Here is my personal top 8 list of favorite extensions –
– It blocks all the annoying advertisements on your webpages, which I am sure gets on your nerves at times, including the ones in Facebook and Youtube, thus allowing you to surf “ad free” pages and needless to say, your webpage loads faster.
– It prevents you from making spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes when you write emails and post to social media sites. So it basically does a free grammar check on whatever you write in the web. A really handy tool when you don’t pay much attention to spelling mistakes.
– It helps you know the meanings of words you don’t know by simply clicking on the word twice. A small pop-up bubble will show up with the complete meaning of the word or the phrase. You can also store a history of words you’ve looked up in the English Dictionary , so you can practice them later.
– It is an invaluable tool when always accessing internet is an issue. First of all simply sync your Pocket account with all the devices you use including your laptop/desktop like your smartphone or tab, etc. Next time when you are using the internet, you can save the webpage using Pocket. The webpage you can be viewed later offline.
– With this powerful tool, you can ultimately customize your New Tab section in your Chrome browser. You can separate your favorite websites into different sections like Social Networking Sites, Music, Sports, etc. , give the tabs a nice appearance with the website’s logo. You can go totally wild with your imaginations, moving from one website to the another in the snap of your fingers, saving half of your time which you would have wasted otherwise!
– Gmail is undoubtedly one of the most popular email service. Now with this efficient tool, you can get desktop notifications, read, listen, archive or delete emails without opening a Gmail tab & easily manage multiple accounts. Whenever there’s a new mail, there is going to be a small pop-up with a voice to let you know about the sender and the subject of the mail. Awesome isn’t it?
– It makes it easier for you to hide all of your tabs at once just by clicking on a button. They are then saved as bookmarks in a separate folder. Afterwards, the PanicButton turns green and shows you how many tabs are currently hidden.Another click on the PanicButton restores all of the tabs you have hidden earlier.
– This is one of my most favorite extensions. Whenever you select a text, it is automatically copied to the clipboard where it’s converted to Plain-Text. When pasting, simply right click and select Paste as Plain-Text and your text will be pasted without any URL links or the type of font and size it was in that particular website. Trust me when you get your hands down to work, this is one extension you must look out for.
Stay tuned for more AWEsoMEness. Cheers!